Recently, a classmate of mine wanted to eat at this restaurant, and emphasized to my project group on how good their Hamburg steak looks, with images of their wonderful Hamburg steak *drooling*. I have read many positive reviews from many bloggers, and thus was very excited when the trip to the restaurant was planned.
Fast forward, when we arrived at the place, it was almost 1pm and there was still a short queue outside. We waited about 20 minutes before we were able to get in.
When we were inside, we ordered the Triple Cheese Prime Hamburg steak set (Free flow salads and eggs)- $20.80, and we have to choose a sauce out of the 4 options : original, demi-glace, teriyaki, and oroshi ponzu (radish with vinegar).
After ordering, it is time to check out their free flow salad and eggs selections. (I have took a video of all their selection. You can view them in this link : https://youtu.be/8N6VAacOOuw .
And the hamburg steak finally arrived soon after…
For their Triple Cheese Prime Hamburg Steak (with Original sauce), it was good, but their cheese could have been more. The cheese seem to be lacking, as the meat taste nearly covered away most of the cheese taste. The taste of the Hamburg steak was like eating minced meat which was different from the typical Hamburge steak from other places. There was also no knife provided and was only given chopstick to eat. This made the eating experience even more unique. As for their sauce, their original sauce were abit sour.
For their free flow selections, here are some reviews:
- Macaroni– Tasted like Chinese braised nuts
- Scrambled eggs– There seems to have different layers of taste. It tasted salty when biting on it. However, after swallowing, there seemed to have a sweet taste coming out my mouth. My personal favourite out of all their free flow selections.
- Tamagoyaki– Personally, I felt it a bit too sweet.
- Tomato– I do not eat Tomato, but a friend said that this was the best among their free flow selections.
- Watermelon– Their watermelon was super sweet!! Been some time since I last ate such a sweet watermelon.
- Cheese pasta– A little dry, but is quite cheesy. For people who like cheese, you will like it.
Conclusion: It is a good place to dine in, for a new food experience. As said earlier, the taste of their Hamburg steak is quite different from the typical Hamburg steak that we normally have in other places. That is why, it is worth to head down to have a try. It might be a little expensive for the Triple Cheese Prime Hamburg steak set at $20.80, but given the wide variety of free flow selections offerings, it is certainly worth the price! I will certainly be back again in future.
Address: 72 Peck Seah St Singapore 079329 Peck Seah St, Singapore 079329 Opening hours : 11:30AM–2:30PM, 5:30–10PM